We're still doing things a little differently these days...
UCC Library looks forward to welcoming you all to our library building. When using the library buildings there are a few things we would like you to keep in mind.
- Face-coverings are mandatory for all library users per the latest Government Guidelines (Statutory Instrument No. 296). Library users will not be granted access to the library if they are not wearing a suitable face-covering unless they can provide an acceptable reason as outlined in the regulation. Please be advised that our COVID Safety Team will be monitoring face covering compliance across library buildings.
- Library Staff are available to answer your queries via our desk service across both branch libraries. Hours of opening can be found here.
- Your queries can also be dealt with in a timely manner via our Ask Us Service, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021-4902292.
- There is a seat booking system in operation in all of the main reading/study areas of the library. Please note that staff may cancel pre-booked seats if the seats are not in use.
- Library Capacity in Boole Library is capped at 2,000. Library Capacity in Brookfield Library is 184. (You can check live occupancy rates of both Boole and Brookfield Library at the entrance to each library. You can also use our Occupancy Screen for live occupancy numbers in Boole Library.)
- If you have any symptoms of COVID 19 you must not come to the Library.
- Students and staff seeking entry to the library must have a valid UCC ID card.
- All non-UCC visitors must fill out a visitor’s form.
- Please use the hand sanitiser in the library foyer and at multiple locations elsewhere within the library. Regular hand sanitisation is essential and particularly important before and after handling books, using shared machines etc.
- Enhanced cleaning in the Boole Library and Brookfield Health Sciences Library is a priority at this time to reduce the risk of Covid 19.
- All desks are sanitised twice a day and touch points are sanitised on an ongoing basis throughout the day.
- There are buckets of wipes available on all floors if students would like to wipe down their desk or computer.
- Please observe cough etiquette.
- There is a 'keep left' policy for walking throughout the building. Please follow the signage.
- With the exception of bottled drinks and reusable mugs, food and drink is not allowed in the library. We need to keep cleaning staff safe, so we ask you to minimise the amount of rubbish which you leave on desks in the library.
- Due to new air handing restrictions, and the need for greater air circulation, the library will feel cooler. You're advised to wear layers.
- When leaving the building for any length of time, including breaks, please ensure that you take all your personal belongings with you. Capacity is being strictly managed, and you may not be able to renter the library.
Please check back here regularly for the latest policies procedures for the safe operation of Library Services for all our users and staff.