We're doing things a little differently these days...
UCC Library has reopened as part of our Phased Reopening Plan. There are a few things to keep in mind. Please check back here regularly for the latest policies and procedures for the safe operation of library services for all our users and staff.
- Face-coverings are mandatory for all library users per the latest Government Guidelines (Statutory Instrument No. 296). Library users will not be granted access to the library if they are not wearing a suitable face-covering unless they can provide an acceptable reason as outlined in the regulation.
- Staff will not be available for face-to-face interactions apart from limited desk service across both branch libraries. We need to keep staff safe so that they can continue to provide a service to you. Self-service options will be the primary mode of operation. Your queries will be dealt with in a timely manner via our Ask Us Service, or by email at email@example.com or phone 021-4902292.
- All study spaces are at least 2 metres apart. Please sit in the designated locations and do not move furniture for any reason or length of time.
- There is a seat booking system in operation in all of the main reading/study areas of the library. Study spaces may be booked for up to three hours per day.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID 19 you must not come to the Library.
- Students and staff seeking entry to the library must have a valid UCC ID card.
- All non-UCC visitors must fill out a visitor’s form.
- Please use the hand sanitiser in the library foyer and at multiple locations elsewhere within the library. Regular hand sanitisation is essential and particularly important before and after handling books, using shared machines etc.
- Please observe cough etiquette and 2 metres social distancing.
- There is a 'keep left' policy for walking throughout the building. Please follow the signage.
- With the exception of bottled drinks and reusable mugs, food and drink is not allowed in the library. We need to keep cleaning staff safe, so we ask you to minimise the amount of rubbish which you leave on desks in the library.
- Due to new air handing restrictions, and the need for greater air circulation, the library will feel cooler. You're advised to wear layers.
- Please use hand sanitiser before and after browsing books on open shelves.
- When leaving the building for any length of time, including breaks, please ensure that you take all your personal belongings with you. Capacity is being strictly managed, and you may not be able to renter the library.