Call for Papers
Theme: "Inspired and Engaged on Sustainability"
IFLA Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Section (ENSULIB) with the Management and Marketing Section and Preservation and Conservation Section are seeking proposals for papers to be presented at their Satellite Meeting 2022 in Boole Library in University College of Cork, Ireland from 22-23 July 2022. The theme for the meeting is "Inspired and Engaged on Sustainability".
IFLA WLIC 2022 will be held in Dublin, Ireland 26-29 July 2022.
The general aim of the Satellite meeting is to inspire and engage libraries to work on sustainability and to broaden libraries' awareness of sustainability within the library framework. The meeting includes a session on Open Science covering the role of reliable information for sustainability and a session on SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) to encourage libraries to broaden their concept of sustainability. The meeting should also inspire libraries to market their sustainable achievements with a session on green marketing. And finally, the IFLA Green Library Award finalists will be presented and the winners announced at the Satellite meeting.
We would like to invite papers particularly, but not exclusively, on the following sub-themes:
- Open Science as a catalyst for achieving the sustainable development goals within the library framework
- Open Science as a catalyst for achieving the SDGs in documentary cultural heritage
- Academic libraries and Open Science for sustainability
- Sustainable techniques for collection care, preservation and conservation, in storage
- The "data curator" as new professional key role in the digital library for all digital items
- SDGs building a sustainable future for libraries
- Management and marketing for green and sustainable libraries
- SDGs in art & humanities libraries
Proposals must be submitted in an electronic format and must include the following information:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Style of presentation (paper or panel)
- Abstract of the proposed paper (no more than 500 words)
- Name(s) of presenters and positions and or titles
- Employer or affiliated institution
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Short biographical statement of no more than 100 words
- Note a willingness to comply with IFLA’s Authors’ Permission
- Papers/PPTs will be published in IFLA’s online Library following conference
- Confirmation that you can attend the Satellite and present in person if selected
Update: The call for proposals is now closed.
Submission for proposal abstracts (500 words or less) were extended to 22 April 2022. Proposal abstracts were sent to: Petra Hauke firstname.lastname@example.org and Ornella Foglieni email@example.com
- 22 April 2022 (Friday): Deadline extended for submission of abstract
- 29 April 2022 (Friday): Selected presenters will be notified
- 20 June 2022 (Monday): Full papers submitted with author permission form, following Guidelines for Paper Authors and Presenters
- 11 July 2022 (Monday): Deadline for submission of slides
- 18 July 2022 (Monday): Registration has now closed.
- 22-23 July 2022: Satellite conference