UCC Library is committed to providing safe, inclusive library services aligned with the University’s commitment to public engagement. As part of this, UCC Library will offer External Reader Access for researchers, academic staff and university students fleeing conflict. Membership requests from others fleeing conflict should be directed to the public library service.
Library Access for Academic Users Fleeing Conflict includes:
· Access to study spaces in the Library
· Borrowing rights- External Reader Cards with borrower access are entitled to borrow 16 items.
· A computer account to allow access to Library PCs and printing/copying/scanning services
· An appointment with a staff member for a library tour and information on services offered, including a follow up with a Librarian to plan individual service requirements if needed.
· Tailored information on relevant Open Access resources for research.
Please note that online access to UCC Library licensed collections and resources (databases, e-journals, e-books, etc) is not permissible due to existing publisher license agreements.
Applications for Library Access from academic users fleeing conflict should be made at firstname.lastname@example.org